– Increase productivity as much as 50% with an extra monitor.
– Small, lightweight and bus-powered with no AC adapter needed.
– Up to 2048 x 1152 resolution.
Plugable USB 3.0 Dual-Head Graphics (DVI / VGA plus HDMI) and Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Max Resolution: 2048 × 1152 Buy Now Canada France Germany Italy Japan Spain UK USA Product Details.
- USB to VGA Adapter Cable Compatible with Mac OS Windows XP/Vista/10/8/7, USB 3.0 to VGA Male 1080P Monitor Display Video Adapter/Converter Cord. (6.5FT) 4.0 out of 5 stars 766.
- The Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter lets you mirror your Mac display to a VGA-enabled projector, TV or display in up to 1080p HD. Thankfully there are cheaper third-party USB-C to VGA adapters.
- Expand your workstation's visual real estate with the NewerTech USB 3.0 to DVI Video Adapter, the easiest way to connect multiple DVI, HDMI, and VGA displays, projectors, and HD televisions to your Mac or PC through your USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. Boost your productivity levels via this incredibly small, lightweight, bus-powered adapter.
Expand Your Horizons...
- MultitaskingMultitask more effectively without overlapping windows.
- PresentationsUse a laptop to run multiple screens during a large audience presentation.
- PhotoshopDesign on one screen and use second display for Photoshop pallets/tools.
- SpreadsheetsView large spreadsheets across two screens with display continuity.
- TV/moviesView Internet TV or DVD movies on one screen and your desktop on the other screen.
- Charts/DataView investment charts and live market data at the same time.
- e-mailsOpen attachments on one screen while reading the e-mail on the other.
- ReferenceType documents on one screen while viewing reference material on the other.
- WorkflowCreate/produce in one monitor and access files, Internet, e-mail, and FTP in the other.
Boost your productivity levels via this incredibly small, lightweight, bus-powered adapter. Multi-task without overlapping files and application windows for a more efficient workflow, or surf the internet and watch movies in up to 1080p while continuing to access your desktop. View investment charts and live market data simultaneously. Utilize one display for program tools and another for graphics and video production with supported resolutions up to 2048x1152.
Mirror the content on your original screen across any display connected via USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 for dynamic presentations, family videos, photo collections, and more. The built-in dedicated USB bus-powered video card contains the latest chipset and compression technologies for uncompromised full-screen playback of high-definition video, as well as fluid web page and document scrolling.
View more and create more with the multiple display access provided by the NewerTech USB 3.0 to DVI Video Adapter.
- NewerTech USB 3.0 to DVI Video Adapter
- USB 3.0 cable (Standard-A to Micro-B)
- DVI to HDMI adapter
- DVI to VGA adapter
- Environmental (Operating)
- Temperature (°F) 32° — 104°
- Temperature (°C) 0° — 40°
- Environmental (Non-Operating)
- Temperature (°F) -4° — 158°
- Temperature (°C) -20 — 70°
- Height: 0.8 in (1.9 cm)
- Width: 1.8 in (4.6 cm)
- Length: 2.9 in (7.4 cm)
- 1 Year NewerTech Product Limited Warranty
- (1) USB 3.0
- HDMI (via included adapter)
- VGA (via included adapter)
- Extended Desktop (default)
- Mirrored Desktop
- Primary Display
- Resolution Support
- 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768, 1280x800, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1400x1050, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 2048x1152
- Color Depth7
- Support for both 16-bit and 32-bit color quality
- Mac OS X 10.6 - OS X 10.11.6
- macOS 10.12 - 10.13.31
- Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)2 or Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) or later
- Driver required for OS X
- Driver required for Windows
- Mac or PC featuring USB 2.0 interface
- Recommended (best performance)
- Mac or PC featuring USB 3.0 interface
- Video streaming is supported up to 1080p
- Resume from hibernation and sleep supported
- Supports up to 4 (Mac) or 6 (PC) USB display adapters simultaneously
- To maintain compatibility, at this time we do not recommend using this device with any version of the Mac operating system beyond 10.13.3
- Windows XP 64-bit is not supported.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration is not supported under OS X or Windows XP, and is not supported in full screen mode under later generations of Windows. Certain application features that require hardware-based OpenGL acceleration will have limited or no functionality.
- Varying degrees of support exist for DirectX and Direct 3D technologies in Windows. For more information please visit http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=259
- Interlaced and reduced blanking modes are not supported.
- Not all displays will support all resolutions and color depth.
- Color management workflows are not supported.
- Download and install the driver software
- Plug the NewerTech USB 3.0 to HDMI / DVI video display adapter into any of the computer's available USB 3.0 Ports
- Plug the additional monitor into the video display adapter
macOS, Mac Pro, MagSafe, PowerBook, OS X, Retina, and Time Machine are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad mini is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
- “Awesome Productivity Tool…Video is so important to me, that I didn’t even experiment – I just did it. This thing just works. I’m so, sooo very happy. Thank you Plugable. We’re BFFs for life, now.”- Daniel Digriz, Oklahoma City, OK
- “I like this so much, I’m probably going to get another external monitor for my setup, and run it off of yet another one of these Plugable USB-VGA devices.” – J. Lunt, Chicago, IL
- “This is a great little gadget and was worth every penny I paid for it. ” – P. Moulder, Ohio
- Connect up to six monitors to any brand of laptop or desktop (one adapter required per monitor)
- Adds plug and play, extensible USB 2.0 connectivity to any VGA monitor or projector (VGA only; DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort only monitors are not supported)
- DisplayLink DL-165 chip, supports resolutions up to 1920×1080 / 1600×1200
- Supports rotation to portrait mode for full-page editing (requires monitor stand that can rotate)
- Windows 10/8/7/XP drivers can be installed automatically via Windows Update (Internet connection required) or downloaded manually
- Mac is not supported due to significant limitations in the operating system.
- Linux configuration for advanced users only
This adapter allows a standard VGA monitor or projector to be attached via a standard USB 2.0 connection. Up to six adapters supported per Windows PC. The virtual USB graphics driver extends or mirrors your desktop. Displays are configured using the standard Windows or Mac display control panels.
Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP drivers installed automatically via Windows Update. 32 and 64 bit supported for Win7 and 8. Win 8 Metro DRM apps for video play back (such as Netflix, Hulu) do not work in the presence of DisplayLink drivers.
Package includes a USB 2.0 cable and adapter. No power is needed – power is provided by USB. No fan – solution is very low power and completely silent.
All standard monitor modes up to that maximum resolution can be set by the device.
Windows 8 Tips
Windows 7 Tips
We often hear customers say “After using multiple monitors, I can’t go back!”. If you’re doing information work — looking at one document while editing another, researching, or generally working on several things at once — it’s indispensable.
Simply drag windows back and forth to make use of all the extra Windows desktop space.
Plugable USB graphics adapters fully support rotation — turn one or both screens to show documents in gorgeous full-page layout (with a monitor stand that’s capable of rotation).
A common setup is to create a beautifully symmetric yet flexible 3 display desktop, combining your laptop display with 2 extra monitors on either side with your laptop’s external graphics port + one Plugable adapter, or with two Plugable adapters to allow easy USB dock/undock.
Hardware RequirementsDual Core Intel or AMD CPU, 2GHz or better with 2GB+ RAM. Windows GPU must be Intel, AMD, or Nvidia with WDDM drivers. (Most modern systems meet this requirement.)
The hardware is capable of supporting nearly arbitrary resolutions, up to its limit of 1920x1080. VESA standard and widescreen resolutions are supported by most software, including: 1920×1080, 1600×1200, 1680×1050, 1440×900. 1400×1050, 1280×1024, 1280×768, 1280×720, 1152×864, 1024×768, 800×600, 640×480. For all resolutions, the display is refreshed at 60Hz, and the hardware is capable of 16, and 32bpp color depths. Some operating systems require specific depths, like 32bpp for Windows Aero support.
Supported Operating Systems
This device only works with computers running the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8/8.1 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows XP Home or Pro with Service Pack 3 (32 bit only - no 64-bit support)
WINDOWS VERSION COMPATIBILITY:
Usb To Vga Adapter For Macbook
Drivers can be installed automatically via Windows Update with support for Windows 10, 8, 7, and XP. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows RT/Surface RT. Note that Microsoft limits multiple display support in Windows 7 “Starter” Edition to mirroring screens. Even though drivers are provided automatically, we recommend visiting the Plugable driver webpage for the most recent drivers and other information.
Mac is not supported due to significant limitations in the operating system.
As of Linux kernel 2.6.31, this adapter has open source drivers in the kernel staging tree. As of 2.6.38, the driver was promoted to the main kernel tree. Configuration of X Windows for USB displays is still distribution and scenario dependent, however, and only for very adventurous users. Plugable is involved with Linux development work, see https://plugable.com/category/platform/linux/ for details.
A USB graphics adapter is a “virtual” device that uses your machine’s CPU and memory to render graphics. It then transfers just the pixels that change over the USB 2.0 cable to the device. The screen itself is refreshed continually (60 times a second) by hardware over the monitor’s own cable, from memory on the device.
- When nothing on a USB screen is changing, the PC is doing little or no work and nothing is going over USB. Meanwhile, the screen continues to refresh directly from the device.
- However, when most pixels on the screen is changing, your CPU is doing the heavy lifting, and also the (480Mbs) USB 2.0 bus can become a bottleneck. You may start to notice lags in mouse or window movements.
If you’re experiencing slowness or latency on your USB display:
- Reduce your screen resolution with the operating system display control panel.
- Play 3D games and videos on your primary (non-USB) screen.
By reducing the amount of data that needs to be compressed and sent over USB, you’ll increase responsiveness.
USB graphics devices, like the USB-VGA-165, are “virtual” devices where much of the heavy lifting is done by the CPU, by hooking into the graphics stack. The DirectX APIs used by games assume direct hardware access (a PCIe graphics card). DisplayLink’s drivers attempt to emulate as much of the functionality as possible, which is why some 3D functionality (like that needed for desktop and apps) works.
We don’t recommend running games with USB graphics, because this emulation cannot be perfect. And even without specific compatibility problems, performance will always be a challenge – the extra CPU work required for USB graphics will be a source of reduced frame rates and problems. Normal desktop and application use are fine because they don’t push the system as hard as 3D games do.
Common problems experienced when trying to run a game on a USB graphics adapter include:
- Games not launching
- Games crashing
- Screen flickering
- Screen going black
Frequently Asked QuestionsDo Plugable USB docking stations and graphics adapters support Windows 10?
Windows 10 drivers are available for all of our USB docking stations and graphics adapters. As with any new operating system, Plugable recommends that users wait before upgrading any mission critical systems. For additional information on Plugable USB graphics devices and Windows 10, please check out our blog post covering things more in depth.
What does the green LED indicate?
Usb To Vga Review
The green LED on the adapter indicates that both the hardware and the software involved in the functioning of this device is working properly. It remains steady when nothing is changing on the screen and blinks when data is transferred through the adapter.
Mac Usb To Vga Adapter
The green LED on the adapter does not light up when:
1) The unit does not receive enough power because it is plugged into a port that does not provide the required 500mA of power or because of a failing USB Cable
2) Display to that monitor is disabled
3) The driver is not installed or is corrupted
4) The unit itself has failed.
Where to Buy