- Ms Project For Mac Os
- Ms Project For Mac Programming
- Ms Project For Mac Os
- Ms Project Professional For Mac
- Ms Project For Mac Pro 15
A MS Project alternative clears those hurdles and allows people without a MS Project license on your team or outside it to see the project plan. Exported MPP files keep the data the same as in MS Project, then you can edit and send it back to MS Project. Avoid headaches, use a Microsoft Project alternative. The Only True MS Project Alternative. This shows you how PM side and ITap can give you access to Microsoft Project Pro and Server. Project Planning Pro for Mac. The app supports import of project plans in the XML format created using either Microsoft Project or Project Planning Pro app. Import plans using Email, DropBox.
- Microsoft in September introduced Project. Am sorry if this sounds like an advertisement but I can literally play all my Windows only Steam Games on my 6 year old MacBook Pro with zero lag.
- Since MS Project was designed and optimized specifically for the Windows operating system, MS Project does not work on Mac. The reason being is that MS Project and Mac cannot talk to each other and it wasn't designed for those computers. If people some how manged to make it work, it wouldn't run properly and you may not be able to use it to its.
Microsoft Project is by far the most popular project management software on the market, at least among Windows users. You are a proud Mac or iPad user? No problem. You are in the right place to find all the information you need about MS Project compatibility and project management software alternatives for macOS and iOS.
Is there a version of Microsoft Project for Mac or iPad?
No, Microsoft Project is not produced for macOS. Microsoft sells versions of their Office applications but no project management equivalent. However, there are alternatives which are just as powerful as MS Project.
Although there is no official successor to Microsoft, Merlin Project is considered the best MS Project replacement - on both Mac and iPad.
Give it a try!
How to find the best Microsoft Project alternative for macOS and iOS
There is a wide range of project management applications available. To decide which solution is the best fit for you, you should first get very clear about your requirements. We have put together several questions to get you started on your reflection process:
- Online/offline functionalities: Do you want to work online only or do you prefer to be able to access and edit your project data online as well as offline?
- Compatibility: Should project documents be readable on operating systems other than macOS?
- Mobility: How important is mobile access to your project data?
- Customization: Which level of customization do you want your software to offer?
- Collaboration: Do you want several users to read and edit documents at the same time? Do you need to depict different levels of authorization?
- Import/export: Which formats do you need to import and export?
- Budget: What is your budget?
- Support: What kind of support is available? How many ressources are offered for free online?
- Testing: Is it possible to download a free trial version?
Of course, you should define your own priorities and add your individual questions, i.e. Do you need milestones? Do you want a budgeting tool as part of your project management software suite? Which functions do you expect from resource planning?
A project mangement software fulfilling all aspects mentioned above is Merlin Project. It combines professional functionalities with intuitive usability and may well be considered the most powerful MS Project alternative for macOS currently available.
Merlin Project: Microsoft Project Professional for Mac and iPad users
Merlin Project can be customized to meet your individual needs. In addition to the full version for Mac and iPad, there is also a Mac version for beginners available with reduced functionality: Merlin Project Express (see feature comparison). Mobile use is supported as well as teamwork via Merlin Server, a secure, locally installed server.
- Online/offline functionalities: You can edit all your project data offline and online.
- Compatibility: You can open and edit Microsoft Project documents with Merlin Project.The application supports import as well as export of MS Project data.
- Mobility: You can plan your project with the additional iOS app for Merlin Project.
- Customization: You have a variety of options to customize the user interface of Merlin Project according to your preferences.
- Collaboration: You can view and edit Merlin Project documents with multiple users at the same time. You can define individual levels of authorization for each user and project document. Also, it is possible to make changes in a private work area and synch those changes later to share them with other team members.
- Import/export: Besides MS Project data all major file formats are supported.
- Budget: Merlin Project and Merlin Project Express are available as annual or monthly subscriptions. For Merlin Server you buy a license according to the number of users / connections in steps of 5. Price overview.
- Support: A free E-Mail support is available to you, which answers inquiries within a few hours on weekdays. In addition, users can find extensive and free learning material on the website: manuals, quick guides, frequently asked questions, videos tutorials.
In all decisions we make for Merlin Project development, our goal is to deliver the best PM software for Mac and iPad. Try it out for yourself!
Is there a free alternative to Microsoft Project?
SaaS applications for project management have attracted more and more attention in the last years. Managing teams without being restricted by limits of operating systems, without worrying about IT infrastructure and file exchange – SaaS applications promised the perfect solution. Lots of producers offer their tools on a subscription basis and almost as many offer free versions for beginners. We strongly advise against using those free project management tools as alternatives for MS Project.
Some of the SaaS applications may be a good fit for private use. They are nice task management tools but they do not allow a comprehensive project planning as they lack important elements like budget planning, resource management or a variety of different views i.e. gantt charts, mind maps or organization charts. Professional project management for free? Too good to be true. Better invest in a slick project management solution and be sure to benefit from all necessary features and an intuitive usability.
Why you do not need Microsoft Project Viewer for Mac and iPad
You are already working with lots of different tools. Keep your set of tools small to not loose time and nerves searching for information. If you are using Merlin Project or Merlin Project Express, you don't need additional project management tools. Therefore, you also do not need Microsoft Project viewer. As mentioned, MS Project documents can be opened and edited with Merlin Project just fine.
Free demo version of Microsoft Project alternatives for Mac and iPad
Every professional project management application should allow full version testing before buying. If you are looking for an alternative to MS Project your practical experience with other tools is an important part of your decision making.
You can test Merlin Project 30 days free of charge.
You might find the following content interesting as well:
Enthusiasts know that Apple products are slick, quick, and easy-to-use machines. Apple device users–be it an iPhone, iPad, or iMac–have been described as cool and creative trendsetters.
Businesses aren’t any different. Many high-profile companies, like Facebook, Google, Cisco, and almost half of U.S. enterprise-level corporations have bought into Macs for their business.
So it makes sense that when companies are shopping for project management software, they’re specifically looking for project management software for Mac.
The Best Project Management Software for Mac
Googling Mac-specific project management software largely leads to lots of cloud-based options. While programs like Wrike, LiquidPlanner, and Teamwork are fantastic tools for Mac, many companies are looking for a locally installed option.
With that in mind, I dove into the top five project management software for Mac to help buyers figure out what options are available.
While evaluating these tools, I looked for traits that Mac users tend to look for–intuitive design, mid-end pricing, and the “coolness” factor found in Mac’s brand in the form of easy functionality.
These Mac project management software options are arranged alphabetically.
If your small business is looking to find an all-in-one customer relationship management software and project management tool that’s designed for Apple products, check out Daylite. The software has almost 50 reviews on Capterra with a solid 4.5/5 rating, and users praising its “tight integration with Apple hardware and software.”
Ms Project For Mac Os
The UI should feel familiar to anyone who’s worked within Apple’s ecosystem—Daylite’s look and feel is similar to tools like iCal and Keynote and is similarly intuitive to use. Project managers can use Daylite to link all of their important project pieces together—from notes to tasks to emails to contacts. The result is a light project management software (or heavy task manager) ideal for client-focused small businesses.
- All related activities can be grouped together into projects, which Daylite automatically tracks and logs.
- Customizable enough to create your own pipelines and approval processes for new projects.
- Works on iOS, so you’re not tethered to your MacBook or iMac to use the tool effectively.
(Used Daylite? Share your thoughts with a review!)
FastTrack Schedule 10.2
FastTrack Schedule 10.2 knows its user base. Its whole interface is intuitive–one reviewer from Macworld said it best:
[FastTrack Schedule 10] sports the familiar Mac look and feel with easy-to-identify icons for layouts, filters, sorting, and more— all with a text label that matches what you see in iPhoto, et al.
In other words, if you’re used to working with Mac software like Keynote or Safari, FastTrack Schedule 10 will be easy to pick up.
- New project managers can jump right in with the program’s 30+ templates, which rely on a simple drag-and-drop UI.
- Project managers can see who on their team is working on what part of the project and when they’re doing so. Project managers can use these features to make sure they don’t overload their team members.
- Want to see the big picture? FastTrack Schedule 10 has a “master schedule” where users can see how all projects line up. This feature is great for bigger companies who want to invest in enterprise project management software.
(Used FastTrack Schedule? Share your thoughts with a review!)
One reviewer notes that iTaskX is ridiculously simple to use, saying that the software is, “easy to learn, has an intuitive interface, and it’s easy to work [sic] even when you have never touched itaskX before.”
iTaskX’s program is nicely laid out and simple to use. Its biggest claim to notoriety is that it fully integrates with Microsoft Project, the most popular project management software by a landslide. iTaskX lets users open Microsoft Project files and easily exchange information using XML and MPX files.
iTask is based around Waterfall project management–it runs off Gantt charts, tasks, and resources, and organizes all of these bits of information into simple graphics.
- iTaskX is robust enough to manage enterprise-level project management as it stays updated with everyone on the system.
- The project management software offers over 60 different calculators based off task fields, including slack time, cost accruals, and effort-driven scheduling.
- iTaskX also offers full customizability for layout and design. Project managers can adjust the aesthetics on all their projects, from custom fonts to custom layouts. And for those of us who are a little less creative, iTask comes with plenty of templates as well.
(Used iTaskX? Share your thoughts with a review!)
Merlin Project 4
I couldn’t write this review without taking note of one of the most popular project management software options for Mac: Merlin Project.
The first thing that jumps out about Merlin is how intuitive it is. Don’t get me wrong, Merlin may have the most features available on this list, but the developers are careful to present the system’s options in an intuitive layout.
Instead of a jumble of menus and folders, Merlin takes all of its features and displays them simply. TechRadar explains,
Everything happens in one big window that’s divided up into a main panel plus one or more smaller ones that change according to the aspect you’re currently working on.
There are four principal views for the main panel…. Gantt chart with critical paths displayed as bold lines, a network diagram using the Activity on Node format, a list of resources involved in the project, and a time-based display of resource utilisation[.]
The smaller panels are where you’d enter detailed information on selected tasks, resources and so on.
All of that is to say that Merlin makes project planning simple, even when the project manager is relying on a ton of tools to do so.
Ms Project For Mac Programming
- Merlin can double as a document management system, as users can upload files straight to tasks.
- The system offers instant reporting, including the ability to create entirely custom reports.
- Gorgeous Gantt charts and simple-to-use interface.
Ms Project For Mac Os
(Used Merlin Project? Share your thoughts with a review!)
Now this is a gorgeous project management software option for Mac.
OmniPlan is one of the most visually appealing project management applications out there, regardless of platform.
Simply drag and drop team members into tasks, set the task’s estimated time for completion, and voila! OmniPlan pumps out a beautiful Gantt chart.
Need to adjust a task because you have team members who have limited availability or because one task took longer than expected? No problem. Again, just drag and drop, and the program will fix estimates for you.
- OmniPlan has incredible filtering options. Project managers can narrow down their task lists by date, resource, effort, priority, dependency claims, and more, so they don’t get overwhelmed by all the information presented in the master Gantt chart.
- OmniPlan also offers Violation Resolution, which means that if something doesn’t look right to the program’s estimates, the software flag the task for the project manager’s review.
- The system is entirely compatible with Microsoft Project.
(Used OmniPlan 3? Share your thoughts with a review!)
Ms Project Professional For Mac
There are lots of other great project management systems for Mac out there, including xPlan and AltiProject. My bet is that more will emerge as Apple takes over the market for business computers.
I’m interested in your thoughts on these project management software selections. Have you used any of them? Was there a software worth reviewing that I missed (review it on the main Capterra site too!)? Please jot down your thoughts in the comments below–I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Ms Project For Mac Pro 15
Want more software recommendations? You may be interested in these articles:
Looking for Project Management software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Project Management software solutions.